A successful campaign for same day registration educates and engages people in your community. Use:
Social Media: Check out this blogpost from Demos on Vermont’s same day registration, and search #votingrights or #registertovote for examples of activists talking about about voting rights on twitter. Remember to take pictures, and share them with us on twitter or facebook!
Op-Eds: Send opinion pieces or updates like the ones below to newspapers.
- Same Day Voter Registration Becomes Law
- Gov. Jerry Brown Signs Election Day Voter Registration Bill into Law
- Same Day Voter Registration Brings in 3,000 New Connecticut Voters
- Connecticut Has Same-Day Registration for Wannabe Voters
- Will Same-Day Voter Registration Law Fix Hawaii’s Poor Voter Turnout?
- Wisconsin: The GOP’s War on Voting is Working
- The Country’s Worst Anti-Voting Law Was Just Struck Down in North Carolina
Press Releases: Press releases are another useful way to work with local media to educate people in your state. For example:
- Demos issued this press release when Connecticut passed same day and online voter registration.
- The League of Women Voters issued this press release when a federal appeals court struck down the repeal of same day registration (as part of a restrictive 2013 voter-ID law).