You can take a lot of different actions in your community to help expand access to the ballot. In Hawaii, for example, a group called Kanu Hawaii went door-to-door passing out voter registration forms and educating their friends and neighbors to help increase voter turnout.
Actions can be as simple as calling your state’s elected officials or as complicated as turning people out to attend an event. You could:
- Call your state legislators or organize a phone banking event;
- Circulate a petition among members of your community;
- Send a postcard to your elected officials;
- And more!
The materials listed below can help you get started taking action in your community.
- Calling Elected Officials
- Phone Banking in Your Community
- Sample Action Alert
- Sample Petition
- Sample Sign-On Letter
- Writing to Elected Officials
Remember: we’re here to help. If you’re mobilizing in your state, let us know!